Tuesday 12 April 2011

Day 91

I've discovered that I am a very lazy blogger. I don't know if this is frustrating for you or not, guess it depends on whether you enjoy my ramblings. When I was working I used to check Meerkatsu's blog every single day, and was very disappointed when there was no update, even though he updates every couple of days or so, which I know find quite impressive.

I'm now back in England for 10 days. I finally got to train again for the first time in a month. Rolled with a newly promoted purple who I used to keep up with. I kept up fairly well, but after 10 minutes I was shattered, and there were a few times when he could have kimura'd my bad arm but left it. My arm is still hurting but physio says the ligament is stable....

"So you should be able to do some light training" I hear "So go out and go 110% to make up for the last month that you've missed."

I wouldn't suggest you do this at home, hell I wouldn't suggest I do this, but when I get down there there just isn't a choice. Anyway I rolled hard for 10 - 15 minutes and then stopped and no damage was done.

Over the next 6 weeks in the build up to the worlds I intend on training...

Here

Here

errrr

Here

The first club I ever trained at (going on 6 years ago now)

Here

and hopefully

Here

I also want to train in Cali when I get there (I have like 3 or 4 days, but enough time for 2 sessions)

The videos from the British Open. First the final of blue belt middleweight. The guy on the right is German, his name is Ole Leifels. Unfortunately I didn't film his first two fights but he finished both in under a minute with triangle and armbar. The guy on the right is Jamie Paxman who beat Mick Hall in the semis in a very close match (and I know Mick Hall is good, aside from the fact that I regularly see his name first on the results for competitions, he arm barred me with 10 seconds to go in the Brighton open last year).





And this fight, which I think everyone who was there will remember. It's really a case of size does matter....





Entertaining. Do we always root for the smaller person. I found the crowd were very behind the small girl, and utterly silent when the larger girl advanced her position. Would this be the same for a male match? Do you think sex plays a role in how the crowd reacted to the fight? I felt pretty sorry for the large girl by the end of the fight as the only person cheering for her was obviously her coach, but then she didn't need cheering, she was winning. (She lost in the finals to a very aggressive Judo player who managed a couple of take downs)



2 comments:

  1. Cool - any idea which days you'll be at GB Bristol? I may well be able to pop along too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey slidey,

    From about 7th of May until 17th I'll be splitting my time between Bath and Bristol. Hopefully I'll see you there.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete