Sunday 24 April 2011

Day 103

AHHHHHHHHHH. I missed posting on day 100. Fail.

It's a little over one month until the worlds so I thought I'd take stock of the campaign so far.

  • Mental preparation - compete 6 times to condition myself to tournaments
- Competed twice, missed 3 tournaments due to injury or passport loss. Although on the mental side I've imagined how I'm going to win over 500 times. It's all about the mental visualisation nowadays anyway. No one needs to actaully do anything anymore, just visualise it. Or at least no one asks the loser if they visualised winning.
  • Technical preparation - Get insanely good at Jiu-Jitsu, having an almost Zen like ability to sweep, pass guard and mount people... with my eyes closed.
- I have not rolled properly because of my arm, but I have been doing a lot of yoga, working on my Zen and keeping my eyes closed, I'm particularly good at that last bit.
  • Strength and Conditioning preparation - Get fit enough to win 5 - 8 rounds on one day.
- I have started running quite a lot which is helpful for general conditioning, but when it comes to bjj, nothing beats rolling hard for a prolong period to increase your stamina. Not been doing that yet, but hope to start next week.
  • Nutritional preparation - Be healthy
- I've not got a diet plan. I'm not, only eating fruit grown by thai virgins and picked between dusk and midnight, nor am I eating  only meat with 100g of carbs per month. I'm just eating normally. Tonight (visiting parents is great) I had grilled fish, boiled potatoes, cabbage with bacon and spinnach. I imagine this is a very healthy meal, but then yesterday I had ready meal pizza so......
I am drinking protein shakes.

Overall preparations are not going how envisioned it 4 months ago, however I have focused on jiu-jitsu.... and I love it. It's a big, no wait, BIG part of my life now, and I'm very happy about that. Or does that make me happy? I think a bit of both. I'm looking forward to this Summer, win or lose in June, I count myself very lucky to have found jiu-jitsu.

I was very bored and recently discovered this website as I was bored youtubes limited results.
There are some good videos of top players on there, although I'm pretty sure they are illegal to watch. I'm not hosting these videos, I'm just recommending them, I therefore absolve myself of any legal responsibilities in the same way the website does. Thank you FBI.

Happy Easter.

No comments:

Post a Comment