Tuesday 15 March 2011

Day 68

I'm not training at the moment which is debilitating. I can't go on without Jiu-Jitsu, yes not training is like a debility(?), it leaves me shaking at nights, like any addict, but don't worry I just watch technique videos to keep me going. Fantasise about sweeping people. Critique guard passing that I have attempted. Occasionally I try and relive the moment when I tried to reach the inside of my own thigh with my kimura-ed hand, unsuccessfully and the point where my elbow must have briefly been dislocated and then relocated by my ligaments. I'm really hoping there are not torn, and only strained! I have less than two weeks to Abu Dhabi trails in London.

But anyway this popped up on my FB feed and I had to share because really, I'd rather not train then have done this for the past two years. I know we should be accepting of all martial arts and there are benefits such as mental discipline and physical fitness (???), but really.... I'm just speechless.


It's his posture I think, his body language is just screaming very hard man, when clearly he is disabling a student attempting the dangerous one handed shoulder shove, banned in all forms of MMA since the early days when people were found to lose shoulder mobility after intense applications of afore mentioned move, and in one case (Japan, 1992, I forget which show) a man even lost his arm to this kind of reckless attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment