Thursday 17 February 2011

Day 42

Just a quick update. I've started obsessively watching BJJ technique videos. I am trying to learn to draw (because I basically am a crazy projects guy). Wednesday open mat / competition training has become actual competition training with the purple belt taking it and beasting us hard. Loved it. Really felt it today in the legs. I've also started swimming, even though I am one of those people who tries to karate chop the water the death, always forgets to kick, doesn't really get anywhere and is tired after 3 lengths.
Yes that's right at the moment I am training BJJ, swimming, climbing (occasionally), learning to draw, blogging (very poorly), preparing for a job interview, and when I have time building airplane engines (by hand). Oh I also subscribed to Jiu-Jitsu style today. Go copy me.

Oh and I think my passport is at the post office. Exciting times.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Andy.
    Am enjoying reading your blog...keep it up.
    One (cheeky) question.....why didn't you order your copy of JiuJitsu Style from us, Gidirekt.de? We are the exclusive distributors of JJS in Germany and it would have worked out cheaper for you :-)
    Say hi to the guys at Alliance Berlin from me,
    Matt@GiDirekt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Matt, will do. I'm sorry I wasn't aware of your existence and I am leaving Germany in a couple of months time so I went for a UK based subscription to my club there which I'll pick up whenever I am around.
    I will throw you're name about at training and drop in you're great gi prices and the fact that you're selling Jiu-Jitsu Style!
    Thanks for reading my blog.

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Andy.
    Is that you registered for the Hamburg Open?
    If it is, they have you down as brown belt :-)
    If you are blue 82, we might get to fight each other - i am normally -76, but can't be bothered to make weight for Hamburg haha.
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh....and I seem to have a problem posting comments in IE or Firefox...I have to use chrome to be able to comment with a google account

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank for the info, but I don't know if the dodgy commenting is something I can fix or a problem with blogspot. I also found it hard to comment! See you in Hamburg!

    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool - hope you liked the stuff I wrote. :D

    Also, on the off-chance you were fishing for compliments, I've been enjoying this blog so far. Keep it up! Only problem is that you're not hitting the Return button enough. ;)

    I've not had any problems commenting so far (I used Firefox).

    ReplyDelete