Friday 25 February 2011

Day 50

Climbing last night. You want grip strength?? Try hauling yourself up a wall 'grips' like these for your hands and feet.


Not my hand, and way too difficult for me to climb. Not to mention my fear of heights, did I mention I'm afraid of heights. I don't like being 50m up suspended by a rope and a harness, I just don't like tempting fate, because statistically one rope OR (those of you who remember school maths know that we are now adding fractions) one harness has to break at some point in time, AND I'm not going to be on a wall when it does.


It was difficult to capture the look of suppressed panic from that height, but it was there.

Excited to read JJ style when I get home this weekend. Although I'm sure every man and his jiu-jitsu playing dog has already read it.....


I searched on you tube for a jiu-jitsu dog this is what I found, no application of open guard whatsoever, absolute poverty!.... but you've just watched over 3 minutes of dogs biting and nuzzling expecting to see jiu-jitsu.... How foolish do you feel now? I mean come on! They are dogs, not Cats....



Boom.

On a serious note, I'm currently down to compete at brown belt in the Hamburg open. I'd like to inform any undercover BJJ police that I have not promoted myself by two belts nor did I buy them (too expensive, I've checked), that this is a mere clerical error and will be resolved promptly. So put those itchy forum thread starting fingers away.

On a reflective note, I rarely do serious.

P.s. Hello new follower, whoever you are. I'm not at all freaked out by the fact that I have no idea who you are. I think that may be the point of blogging... but I just don't get it. I didn't really think this blogging thing through. Just kidding more people follow me officially!



No comments:

Post a Comment